Well, there was the issue that the Pre would only sync DRM free music.  Is
iTunes all DRM free now?  I don't buy from iTunes often enough to know, so
there are issues of users interatcing with iTunes in a way that's not
consistent with iTunes users typical experience.  Apple is and always has
been about controlling the user's experience as much as possible.

What open stuff?  Open standards, not so much.  Open software, sure if they
can use it and not have to give back, it's great.

You may think it's a hasty, bitter decision, but it was one that is entirely
consistent with Apple's behavior.  It goes to show you that the "former
Apple peeps" at Palm shouldn've known better.