From: Schwartz, Jim [mailto:jschwa...@bbandt.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:44 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Palm Pre: The phone for suckers?

Wireless - To be without a physical, wired connection. ;-)

A standalone install of Outlook still has to connect to some email
system so you can just sync with that just like any other client.

Bad things
No PIN enforcement.
No remote wipe.
Breaks formatting of emails on a reply message.
No option to change how much a message it downloads and it seems to get
stuck trying to download the message body of certain types of emails.
No direct push to subfolders.
Screen lock time is not settable and is just stupid. It locks every time
the screen goes dark.
Battery life is going to be an issue. It's gotten better as the battery
conditions.
It can be a little laggy at times switching apps or launching new ones.
Needs to be more configurable to how I want to work.

Good things.
Easy to switch between applications and use with one hand.
Good call quality.
Allows me to set up favorite folders in email so if you have lots (like
I do) you can get a quick view of the folders I most want to look at.
App Catalogue is limited at this point but once the apps start growing
it will be nice. Hopefully they will limit the kiddie apps so there
aren't 600 fart simulators like the iPhone.
Location services tied with the apps gives you a nice and easy way to
find what's local for just about anything.
Solid feel to the phone. Doesn't feel like a toy.
Nice form factor. Small but extends the keyboard down to give you a real
keyboard.
Web browsing is solid. Good page loads, zoom in out, speedy.
Calendar is pretty good so far. It may change as more meetings come in.