From: pierre.camill...@fosterclark.com
[mailto:pierre.camill...@fosterclark.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:33 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: The remote connection has timed out.

Hello all!

I am encountering a problem when trying to connect to a remote server
using the Windows XP Pro (SP2) Remote Desktop. The domain user keeps
getting the following error:

The remote connection has timed out. Please try connecting to the remote
computer again.

Now when I log on using an account with admin rights this does not
happen which means that there seems to be a Group Policy setting being
applied thus preventing normal users from connecting remotely. We have a
Domain Group Policy in place but when checking the settings I cannot
seem to find what particular GP setting/s is causing this.
Could someone please help me troubleshoot this problem?

Many thanks
Pierre