Using a type of Einsteinian thought experiment I used to describe
to my students; if you and your friend were to construct two rigid
beams, each a light year in length and arrange them alongside each
other, about a foot apart, it would be easy to transmit information
*much* faster than light. Simply move the one beam slightly and, due to
leverage, the other end of the beam (a light year away) would move
instantaneously. Your friend would only see the image of you moving the
beam a year later but would already know about it!

--
Peter van Houten