On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Sherry Abercrombie<saber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, let's not forget the communicator....any one use a cell phone these
> days?

  I remember watching the original Trek, specifically Uhura and that
ear-piece she usually wore, and thinking, "That's so corny.  Nobody is
going to walk around with that hanging out of their ear."

  Now I see people every day who not only have that hanging out of
their ear, but have one that blinks.

  Truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

> Pens as we know them today also were a direct result of the original
> series....

  Eh?  That's a new one on me.  Do tell.  :-)

-- Ben