We have asset tags on our PCs and monitors, whenever I ask someone what the
asset tag is on their PC most of the time I end up with the monitor tag so I
can't find it to remote in..
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: richardmccl...@aspca.org
  To: NT System Admin Issues
  Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 11:05 AM
  Subject: Re: Happy SysAdmin Day

  Well, we have a body of students who use whatever computer is not occupied by
its full-time assigned user.  The computer name is in big black letters on a
big white lable.  Still, these students, again working at whatever machine they
can find available, send me an email saying "My computer did this...".  (Hey, I
just checked the DNS and AD tables.  "MyComputer" doesn't exist!)
  --
  Richard D. McClary
  Systems Administrator, Information Technology Group

  ASPCA®
  1717 S. Philo Rd, Ste 36
  Urbana, IL  61802

  richardmccl...@aspca.org

  P: 217-337-9761
  C: 217-417-1182
  F: 217-337-9761
  www.aspca.org

  The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is from
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®) and is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally
privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of the contents of this e-mail, and any
attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify me by reply email and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof.