On 31 Jul 2009 at 11:16, James Kerr  wrote:

> We have asset tags on our PCs and monitors, whenever I ask someone what the
> asset tag is on their PC most of the time I end up with the monitor tag so I
> can't find it to remote in..

Might be worthwhile putting the asset-tag info into
C:\WINDOWS\system32\OEMINFO.INI so all they have to do is right-click "My
Computer" and choose properties to see it.

Either that or put it into the environment as an env.var. visible when they
type 'SET|FIND/i "asset"' in a CMD prompt.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona