From: Steven Peck [mailto:sep...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 2:00 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Wiki / Sharepoint / Collaboration Tool recomendation

So beside all the basic firewall/security/misc etc stuff....

Why are you using Joomla and how much time/effort are you looking at
being able to spend on this?  There are other open source solutions
that should be able to deal with what you are looking to do depending
on exactly what that is.

>From the open source side, Drupal is the CMS people often turn to when
Joomla proves to inflexible for peoples future needs.  It does have a
steeper learning curve as a result, but there exists an webapp
installer package for it on IIS7 (ping me offlist i fyou want more
details).

While I haven't seen Groove at all, SharePoint has at least some of
what you seem to be looking for as well.

Steven