I got lasik done when I was 41. That was, uh, some number of years ago.

I was seeing at distance - blurred a bit by the drops and the
protective plastic lenses - on my way home. No, I didn't drive, but
being able to see the road signs on the way home added to the
blurriness, if you catch my meaning. It's something I hadn't been able
to do since the 5th grade.

Yes, that was a long time ago, and as a relatively early adopter, it
cost a lot of money. I've never regretted it, despite the fact that I
needed reading glasses immediately thereafter.

Kurt