On 5 Aug 2009 at 22:49, Sean Houston  wrote:

> I remember Compuserve, Prodigy and AOL being the main 3 companies around. I
> can't say I was ever aware they were ever known as anything but AOHell.

Fidonet all the way, baby .... I ran a BBS for many years.  I think I still
have the 386 it was running on when I finally shut it down.  WildCat BBS from
Mustang Software.  Those were the days.

CIS 75500,3223, that was me.  However, 16 of the 17 hits of a Google search for
my old ID are messages on this list from 2008 ;-)

    http://www.google.com/search?q="75500%2C3223";

I remember being excited when I had a "real" email address of
75500.3...@compuserve.com ... I had some really neat software for reading
forums -- OzCIS -- and eventually OzCIS for Windows, which never really
measured up to the DOS program.

Never had a Prodigy address.  I got an AOL address -- a couple of them,
actually -- this year so I could support home-clients with AOL issues, and for
IM purposes.  Never use them, though.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona