Excuse me for you using the list to vent but I thought I might receive some
understanding from other Symantec vicitims.

Do they make ANYTHING these days that "just works".  After being bent over with
their hopeless AV implementation on Server 2008 (Let's break shares on the
server.  No servers need shares they must of thought)... actually their
hopeless AV solution in general.  I recall re-installing version 10 on about 24
site servers as that was their solution to an issue.

But don't worry the PR fools said.  Version 11 will fix everything.  Yeh, it
fixed everything alright.  Fixed it so it may never work again.

Now I'm having fun with Backup exec 12.5 and it's many "features".

When renewal comes up I will gladly get rid of them.  They *&$^ everything they
touch these days.

/end rant