On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Michael Hoffman <m...@drumbrae.net> wrote:
> Not sure why, but if I download 32bit, 64bit and the WAIK then it throttles
> to 300Kb each, but if I just do one it pushes 1.4Mb.

  If I had to guess, you're probabbly saturating your upstream
connection, and the resulting congestion is slowing TCP ACKs.  Yes,
this means that sometimes, limiting your download rate will result in
faster downloads.

  When is Microsoft going to start offering bittorrent downloads of
their big releases?  Is their NIH syndrome *that* bad?

-- Ben