+ 1

"Good descriptions will go a long way too" +1 bazillion! I use the description
field and as much of it as possible.

From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 2:22 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: GPO for a single user

+1 on the "one GPO, one function" rule. I apply it to security groups as well.
Nothing worse than deleting something and finding it does something other than
"what it says on the tin" - as I found when I removed a distribution group only
to realise it had been used to provide permissons (!) on an intranet site.

Good descriptions will go a long way too. I try and show from the
name/description what a GPO does, what scope of users/computers it applies to,
and whether there is any item-level targeting. Makes it a hell of a lot easier
for someone to follow your work when you finally leave.