Nice....

So you went from one version of Cutler's VMS to the next version of
Mica^H^H^H^H VMS ;-)

-sc

From: Len Hammond [mailto:lenhammo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 10:02 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: AOL

My first computer gig in '95 we were running WFW and DEC Pathworks to
get to the VAX. Later I added NetBEUI so the WFW machines could talk
without going through the VAX. QEMM was required to get all the network
stuff in high memory so there was still room to run Wordperfect and
Quattro Pro. Eventually I took everything to TCP/IP. When I finally was
allowed to install a connection to the Internet I used a dial-up box
(NetRamp, I think) with an internal modem in it and two ports for
external modems, one of which had a modem. The two modems could be
dialed into the same ISP and "bonded" to provide a bigger pipe. Two 56k
modems actually worked pretty well. The dial up could be initiated by
any authorized PC on the network.

Had to retire the VAX before 2000 as everything in it was written in
Dibol and those that knew Dibol figured that it wouldn't like the change
in date format. I had an NT domain in place by then and a new ERP
program and a guy that was working on having the Powerhouse data from
the VAX dumped into a .csv file that he could massage into shape to dump
straight into the Progress database running the new ERP. He actually did
a great job with that.

Len Hammond
CSI:Hartland
lenhamm...@gmail.com