From: Webb, Brian (Corp) [mailto:brian.w...@teldta.com]
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 4:30 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: AOL

I inherited a network many years ago that was 10Base2 in the walls and all
one giant loop.  The guy who was "managing" the network added 2 port
repeaters randomly in the network when things got flakey (after he added
another user for example).  One day I found a big pile of cable up in the
ceiling that was all part of the network - it was about 200 feet in 20-30
foot chunks all connected by T connectors that were sitting there not
connected to anything.  It took a long time to get that stabilized - I ended
up taking out all the 2 port repeaters and putting in one 8 port unit so I
had reasonable numbers of machines on each run.

-Brian

  _____