Do you have any idea how many people the world over are taking pay cuts
these days ?

CFee

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Bodnar [mailto:christopher_bod...@glic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:49 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: OT: Salary rant

I know I'm not going to get a any sympathy here, due to the unemployment
rate, and the economy in general, but needed to vent a little. Was hired
as a contract to hire position last year. Great company, close to home,
good salary. 6 months in they cut my salary by 10% to the contracting
company, which was then passed on to me. I was told at the time, that
if/when I was offered full time employment, I would be brought on with
the initial salary I had started at. Just go the official offer, and
it's 5% below that. I know I should be thankful I even have a job, which
I am. But I still feel like they are low-balling me just because of the
economy. If the economy would be better and more IT jobs out there, I'd
tell them to take a hike and see what happens. Can't afford to do that
right now with a mortgage and 2 kids. For once I just wish someone would
offer me what was promised. Sorry, not looking to offend anyone out
there. Just blowing off some steam.

Chris