You certainly have my sympathy, economy or not. The economy isn't an excuse for
lying to people. You win in the long run. They won't be able to keep you once
an better gig comes along. Take this one of course and keep looking.

From: Christopher Bodnar [christopher_bod...@glic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:49 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: OT: Salary rant

I know I’m not going to get a any sympathy here, due to the unemployment rate,
and the economy in general, but needed to vent a little. Was hired as a
contract to hire position last year. Great company, close to home, good salary.
6 months in they cut my salary by 10% to the contracting company, which was
then passed on to me. I was told at the time, that if/when I was offered full
time employment, I would be brought on with the initial salary I had started
at. Just go the official offer, and it’s 5% below that. I know I should be
thankful I even have a job, which I am. But I still feel like they are
low-balling me just because of the economy. If the economy would be better and
more IT jobs out there, I’d tell them to take a hike and see what happens.
Can’t afford to do that right now with a mortgage and 2 kids. For once I just
wish someone would offer me what was promised. Sorry, not looking to offend
anyone out there. Just blowing off some steam.

Chris