Same as if you put on aftermarket mod to your car and the electrical system burns your car to the ground.
Is Ford or GM responsible for the damage??
I don't feel like they are.  But that is me.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.b...@gmail.com>
To: "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: XBox mod hacker could face 10 years in prison !!!

I'm not exactly an Ayn-Rander, but...

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 08:14, Angus Scott-Fleming<angu...@geoapps.com> wrote:

<snip a bunch, and the quote below was written by someone else...>

Now Apple is trying to control the platform, applications and network
simply to line their own pockets. While you Ayn Rand-ers are busy
slapping high-fives, let me remind the rest of you that competition
and open platforms are better for consumers on all levels–from
pricing to performance. It is only in the short term that we benefit
from closed systems.

I applaud Apple's attempt to keep their platform pure, same as with
MSFT. There are good reasons for doing it.

The issue at hand, however, is misguided IP law. There should be no
penalty for selling modded equipment. If you bought it, it's yours,
and you should be able to do with it as you will, including modifying
it and selling it. If Apple/Microsoft refuses to support it
thereafter, well, that's their call.

Companies that try to enforce that will lose, eventually, though.

Kurt