From: Steven Peck [mailto:sep...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 2:17 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Social networking sites as a business resource

On the flip side
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=benefits+involved+with+using+social+net
working+sites+for+business&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Some simple things.  Your company should establish clear policies on
what they actually are looking to accomplish.  This should be
realistic as you cannot control the information on a social networking
site, merely respond in a positive manner which makes you look better.

You should have someone or a team responsible for this.  They should
have a policy and not over react.

Check out http://consumerist.com/  They have stories of customer who
experienced no end of bad customer service and complained on the
internet and sometimes were bad customers themselves.  If you look,
you will see what kinds of corporate responses generated positive
feedback from the internet masses and what was seen as negative.  You
can use this as a learning tool to set your response policies without
learning the hard way.

The biggest benefit of 'owning' your namespace in social networking
communities is that by keeping it positive, over time you will rank on
search results higher then some new post on a random site by an angry
customer.

Steven Peck

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 9:10 AM, David Lum<david....@nwea.org> wrote:
> Thanks ME2, I hate when I overlook searching using the “long string”
method,
> usually I am better than that. Those links are awesome, thank you very
much!

> Dave

http://www.google.com/search?q=risks+involved+with+using+social+networking+s
ites+for+business

> I very much agree with the short-lists of risks offered here:
>
>    http://www.strikingweb.com/blog/Social-Networking-Risks.html

http://www.utahpulse.com/featured_article/networking-dos-and-donts-using-soc
ial-internet-sites-business