I have my first Windows 7 x64 Enterprise client up and running.  I have
added the RSAT for 7 RTM, and the System Center Essentials Console as well.
Office Enterprise 2007 and a couple of more applications like Forefront
Client Security.  I have run into on issue that may be just a bug in my
setup or something more but I can only get 2 Hotmail accounts configured.
Under Vista I had three.  System Center Essentials can not deploy a client
to this system but I have just started looking at the issues.

Other than what I have mentioned so far I see a big differences in the GUI
(think some users will like it others will dislike it but all will need
training).  The load time is much faster to get to the login but about the
same to get to a useable desktop but I have not really done any timing of
the loads.  The ability to load Bluetooth devices as in they are ready at
the login prompt, very sweet.  Cisco AnyConnect works a bit faster but we
will see if it stays that way.  Windows Explorer GUI is a major change and I
think the users will hate it.  The Firewall GUI has been changed big time
but I think this is a good change.  It is easier to see what applications
are permitted under which of 3 network conditions.  You can make changes but
at the moment I need to be the Administrator to make the changes (users are
permitted to allow exceptions by GPO).  All of this within about 2 hours of
the Vista drivers, and loading all the applications took about 12 hours in
total with about 2 to 3 of those hours spent transfering files from a USB
drive.  I did all the patching off domain and only put the machine into the
domain after it was loaded with programs/applications but before any AV or
personal files.  Adding it to the domain and getting it configured with AV
was just as fast as with Vista or faster.  Windows Update Services seems to
be a bit faster.

Jon Harris