From: Angus Scott-Fleming [mailto:angu...@geoapps.com]
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 10:52 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Obsolete Tech

On 17 Aug 2009 at 9:40, paul chinnery  wrote:

>     I think the writer is wrong about the incandescent bulbs, though.
> There going to be around for a long time. I've replaced some of mine,
> but I still like to use the incandescent for reading.

If you want to keep using incandescents, you need to stock up.  Already
illegal in the EU, going to be illegal in the US in 3 years or so:

------- Included Stuff Follows -------
FAQ: The End of the Light Bulb as We Know It - US News and World Report
  December 19, 2007

    The incandescent light bulb, one of the most venerable inventions of its

    era but deemed too inefficient for our own, will be phased off the U.S.
    market beginning in 2012 under the new energy law just approved by
    Congress.

--------- Included Stuff Ends ---------
More here with links:
http://www.usnews.com/articles/business/economy/2007/12/19/faq-the-end-of-th