On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Jon Harris <jk.har...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know you have thought of this but Add and Remove Programs?

  (1) Uninstalling software from Windows is like unscrewing a virgin.
There's really no way to go back to the way it was.  There's always
stuff leftover.  Some of it might just be unused registry entries and
DLLs, but you'll often find shared stuff was modified or "upgraded" by
the installer and can't be reverted.  And that's when the uninstaller
works correctly.  Sometimes uninstalls cause immediate malfunction in
other stuff, as I'm sure we've all seen.

  (2) It appears not all the HP shovelware can be easily uninstalled.

> I know when I am unsure I just try it and so far I have not been disappointed.

  I also don't have a copy of Vista Home Premium OEM handy.  Before I
undertake a major search effort, I thought I'd check to see if anyone
knew for sure if it would or wouldn't work.  :-)

-- Ben