From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:49 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Copy profile utility

Folks,

We are using Quest migration utility to migrate from eDir to AD.  The
utilities include a profile copy utility, but it works only 80% of the
time and troubleshooting generally takes longer than just manually
adding the PC to the domain then copying the profile.

As for profile copy utilities, I found this one:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ED182A96-F3A6-4
FDD-862B-1AE03DC130C1&displaylang=en  - anyone used this?  It's pretty
old, but if it works, I'm good.

I know Moveuser from the 2003 resource kit should work, but have not
tested it.

These are XP workstations in a 2008 domain.

Suggestions, comments, welcome.

Tom Miller
Engineer, Information Technology
Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
757-788-0528

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message.