I'm not a hard core gamer, but if I was I'd probably build my own ... just
built a new desktop/server, microcenter has the i7 quad core cpu for under
$200 now, and a mother board for about $200 that works with the i7 and holds
up to 24gb RAM... got it dual booting Win 7, and Win2008R2 with hypervisor