Yeah, but it's really been random.  The GPO thread one message would go to
my inbox, and the next one would go to the spam folder, same thing on this
thread, some messages go to spam and some don't.   This used to happen to me
very infrequently, but this week it's increased significantly.....I really
didn't pay attention to it until Richard posted this, just made me wonder if
there was something else going on.  Yeah, I did think about the
Sunbelt/Lyris spam issues of the past.  I also have Gmail filters for these
lists that have the never send to spam option selected.....

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Ben Scott <mailvor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Sherry Abercrombie <saber...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > When did this start?  I've been noticing that gmail is placing a lot of
> > messages from this and the Exchange list in my spam folder.
>
>   That's not uncommon.  Sunbelt has a very much deserved reputation as
> a (past) spammer.  While I believe Sunbelt has mended their ways,
> people (and computers) have long memories.  So their overall
> reputation score is a lot closer to the tipping point.  Random things
> on the Internet might push them over the edge.
>
>  Plus, Sunbelt uses Lyris.  I have no evidence that Lyris causes
> problems with being mistaken for a spam source, but given everything
> else Lyris screws up I pretty much expect it.
>
>  In the case of mailing lists, I configure a Gmail filter rule for
> each list, and enable the option to never-send-to-spam.
>
> -- Ben

Sherry Abercrombie

Arthur C. Clarke