From: Evan Brastow [mailto:ebras...@automatedemblem.com]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 6:16 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Disk based backup

Hi guys,

I did a search on subject headings for this year to see if I could find
anything about this, but nothing jumped out at me.

I have a 1-1/2 year old Tandberg Data T24 storage library and the drive just
bit the dust six months out of warranty. Tandberg has told me (as expected,)
"If it turns out the repair and service agreement is close to the cost of a new
unit, that might serve as an option for you as well."

Before I go down the route of fix or replace I'm wondering if I should look
into disk based backup? I'm looking to backup about 1.5 TB per night in a
window that is about six hours in length between backup and verify.

Anyone have disk based backup that's fast and working for them?

Thanks,

Evan

________________________________
Any medical information contained in this electronic message is CONFIDENTIAL
and privileged. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to view, copy,
disclose, or disseminate CONFIDENTIAL information. This electronic message may
contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. It is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) and/or entity named as
recipients in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this
message, please notify the sender immediately and delete this material from
your computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message, and do not
disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information that it
contains.