Exagrid!

________________________________

From: Evan Brastow [mailto:ebras...@automatedemblem.com]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 6:16 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Disk based backup

Hi guys,

I did a search on subject headings for this year to see if I could find
anything about this, but nothing jumped out at me.

I have a 1-1/2 year old Tandberg Data T24 storage library and the drive
just bit the dust six months out of warranty. Tandberg has told me (as
expected,) "If it turns out the repair and service agreement is close to
the cost of a new unit, that might serve as an option for you as well."

Before I go down the route of fix or replace I'm wondering if I should
look into disk based backup? I'm looking to backup about 1.5 TB per
night in a window that is about six hours in length between backup and
verify.

Anyone have disk based backup that's fast and working for them?

Thanks,

Evan