From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:58 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Diff backups (was RE: Restores from Incremental backups)

Yes, potentially.

But, the primary goal of backups is recovery.  You have to balance the ongoing
space needs with the time to restore.

With a disk only solution, speed is a little more in your favor, but using
DIFFs rather than INCR backups still gives you the advantage if one particular
day's backup was bad or unable to restore properly...

-ASB: http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Don Kuhlman