Correctly sized cisco devices are cost-effective. If you're using any other
cisco gear (routers, switches, etc), I'd recommend staying with them.
Interop with other vendors' products can be a nightmare. We've got a few
clients with things like watchguards and when they have to talk to a cisco
box, strange things can happen... :-)

The ASA is no more complex than a PIX, IMO.

Charlie Kaiser
charl...@golden-eagle.org
Kingman, AZ