On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 13:58, mqcarp <mqcarpen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else looked at abandoning Cisco for their firewall? We have
> PIXs and they are trying to get us to move to ASA now that they are
> phasing out. The ASA is very expensive and from what I hear, very
> complicated to manage.
>
> We are a medium sized business and do not need this IMHO.
>
> Has anyone else left Cisco in this role for products like Sonicwall?

I *love* my Sidewinders. When I purchased them it was from Secure
Computing, but they've since been bought by McAfee, I'm afraid.

They have excellent prosy services, which some find annoying, but I
find very reassuring.. I also find them easy to manage.

I have two at HQ in an HA configuration in front of my DS3, and two
smaller ones, one in each of my foreign offices. Very nice to manage.
Of course the reseller was a good part of that. We got them through
NCA, and the folks I dealt with there were stellar.

I cannot comment on Cisco firewalls, since I've never used them.

Kurt