I would like to update the print drivers on our Windows 2003 SP2 print
server but I'm not sure what the best approach would be.  I am currently
running the HP "universal" PCL6 driver 4.5 and would like to upgrade to
the new 5.0 drivers.  I also have the Xerox "universal" Postscript
driver installed and they have a new version too.

I could create all new print queues and make the users change to the new
queues, but I don't know if installing the new drivers on the server
would keep them separate or not.

I could just update the drivers on the print server for the existing
print queues, but I don't know if the clients will automatically pick up
the new drivers, or if they will need to delete and re-add the queues or
what?

Any advice?

Tom