How are you checking the DNS??
DNStools.net??
iptools.com???

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Scott" <mailvor...@gmail.com>
To: "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: Is this a good SMTP transaction?

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 1:05 PM, David W. McSpadden <dav...@imcu.com> wrote:
Specifically my operators cellphones. Seems sometime on Saturday they
updated a rule that any smtp traffic sent to txt.att.net and coming from
206.18.123.221 was to be accepted and then blackholed.

 FYI, you appear to have a typo in your DNS records:

$ dig +short TXT imcu.com @pdns1.ultradns.net.
"v=spf1 ip4:208.18.123.221 include:fusemail.net include:mailanyone.net ~all"
"v=spf1 include:mailanyone.net include:fusemail.net ~all"
$

 Note that the "ip4" directive starts with 208, but I believe your
public IP address actually starts with 206.  :-)

 Also, I get two TXT records back from your nameserver, as shown
above.  I'm not sure if that's allowed or not, nor what the spec says
to do, but I suspect it will probabbly just confuse things.  I'd
suggest getting rid of the duplicate record.

 Regardless of AT&T brain damage, you *really* want your SPF records
to be correct.  Incorrect SPF records are usually worse than none at
all.  The whole point of SPF is to tell other servers what to accept,
and if you get it wrong, you end up telling other servers to reject
your legitimate mail.

Now my AT&T rep was glad to tell me that they have a service that will fix
it for 9.99 a month per phone.

 The proper answer to that is, "How about you give it to me for free,
and I don't terminate all our accounts with AT&T?"

-- Ben