I'm very curious as to when did harddrive manufacturers swich to having
independently operating heads?  Is this a new development that I missed?
For as long as I can remember, the heads (regardless of how many there are)
are operated by a single head motor.  So while it can interleave data across
multiple platters, all the heads would still be at the same location on the
platters.