I just ran into a similar (but not exact) problem with an office 2007
installation. Any word/excel doc would toss macro errors. Ended up doing a
"change" install on office but added VBA and all the converters. That fixed
it.

Might not apply to your issue, but since it wasn't really documented and is
non-intuitive, it might be worth a try.

Charlie Kaiser
charl...@golden-eagle.org
Kingman, AZ