From: Benjamin Zachary - Lists [li...@levelfive.us]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 10:44 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: NLB w/ 2008

I have two webservers w/ 2008 standard with dual nics.

The nics have two different ips in different subnets (192.168.200.x and
10.10.10.x). I created an NLB and added ip’s 192.168.200.20-30 into the
cluster. Im using the 10.10.10.x network for the dedicated heartbeat.

Internally this works just fine and I can hit the website by its IP on
http/https (Im listening to 80/443 in the cluster).
>From the firewall this works as well, however from the outside this does *NOT*
>work. The traffic passes the firewall successfully and is nat’ed to the right
>IP set but there is no response.

I see on the 2008 NICS they all have 0.0.0.0 in them but apparently this is ok?
The only thing I can think of is somewhere there is an issue with the NLB
seeing the gateway. I only have 1 gateway and each server in the cluster can
see the internet.

I thought maybe the cluster wasn’t setup right so I tried redoing it and just
putting 1 server in and had the same result.

Anyone seen this? I can’t think of what to even look for…

I was thinking maybe the different subnet ip’s are the problem but I have this
working just fine in a 2003 setup just fine with basically the exact same
settings.