From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:59 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Virtual servers taking a long time to restart

It's almost all of my systems from time to time - mainly Citrix MPS4 and
XenApp, and particularly SQL boxes, I seem to find.

I may not have been clear enough - it's actually sticking on the Windows
boot screen with the progress bar, rather than after that.

The other responses here may give some good indicators - we are always
shunting VMs around from host to host (well the DRS is), and we have
recently done a lot of VMWare tools upgrades and VMWare host patching. I
am noticing it very much on one box I have just built today though -
sometimes it is taking so long it is resetting manually and going into
the "Windows failed to start last time" screen, which is a bit annoying.