In my last full time gig, I had an OmniScanner II for Ethernet. It had an
option to add a Fiber tester to the device. The OmniScanner retailed for
about $8500 & I bought it new in 2000 for $5000 and the Fiber option was
about $1500 and I didn't get one. It had TDR for copper and I am assuming
that it would work for the fiber as well.  Great device but a bit pricy if
you don't need one often. Wish they would have let me take it with me when I
left. I'm sure no one left there knows how to use it. I could use it more
often now than when I was there. Many small clients with wiring issues. Omni
was bought by Fluke some time in 2004 to 2006 and the Omni technology was
incorporated into the current Fluke network testers.
The last piece of fiber I pulled we did test with a flashlight. Mostly to
see if we broke it during the 600 foot pull and to get the polarity right on
the connectors. The flashlight worked great although we didn't get any other
data telling just how good the fiber was going to work but typically fiber
either works or it doesn't. Not a lot of grey area.

Len Hammond
CSI:Hartland
lenhamm...@gmail.com