I go by how the business needs are. Going by your numbers you have 150
employees that used computers. How many computers do you have for the
employees to use? How many do not need TS access?

If they have 50 users that need access from 75 different computers then User
CALs are used. The people can use any computer that is open. More users
require more licenses.

If they have 50 computers and these computers are access by 75 people then
device CALs are used. This scenario allows more users without an increase of
TS licenses.

You can have both types of licenses on the same server. I do not remember
how they are assigned other than when they are entered in the licensing
server.

Hope that makes sense.

Art