If you install the extensions on all your systems so you can use the new
2008 Group Policy Preferences, you can use the "item-level targeting"
feature to direct GPOs only onto systems in particular IP ranges. You can
set these up within the GPOs (i.e. a set of settings in one GPO that each
only apply to particular subnets) which would reduce the amount of GPOs in
your sysvol

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able

http://raythestray.blogspot.com