Ummm... Rebooting expectations perhaps? :-)

Has anyone tried restoring that DB anywhere? It's not going to happen in 45
minutes...

Without much more detail it's tough to make solid recommendations, but a few
things that would be on my list...
1. Recommend mailbox management to get the store size down. Make the point
that the larger the store, the longer it takes and the more it will cost for
HA. They may not be willing, but at least it sets the bar for
complexity/cost.
2. Define DR for them. Dial-tone Exchange (inbound/outbound mail, nothing
old in the mailboxes for a while) or full recovery. You could probably have
a dial-tone system up in an hour or so. Also determine if they want full
email fast recovery for all users or just a subset.
3. Some form of clustering/cluster rep. Numerous options available.
4. BES HA is somewhat easier. Check their latest docs, but the last time I
worked with a BES the solution was an off-box DB that the BES could point
to. Have a second BES (maybe a VM) ready to spin up if one fails. They may
have a more elegant solution by now. But if that DB goes down, SQL recovery
has to be in place.
5. Make the point that this will be expensive and require significant
testing.
6. Migrate to hosted Exchange... :-)

Good luck...

Charlie Kaiser