Management that is not IT rarely thinks of the data only the machine.
Virtualization would make this easier and workable.  Getting the money to do
it right will be a hard sell but in the long run it will pay for itself in
that (depending on how and what software is used to do the virtualization)
you can do more later than now.  Since it is a VP give them a pitch
explaining that and see if they bite and want more information.

Jon