On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcas...@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> Samba is a steaming pile of stanky excrement that should die.

  Yikes.  That's a bit harsh.

  I find Samba works as well as NT4 ever did, and in many cases,
better.  It doesn't do AD server yet, and it may not ever, which is an
issue.  As an AD member, it's not bad, for what it sets out to do
(file and print).  Config is obviously totally different, but given
that it's a whole 'nother OS, I think that's to be expected.

  I note that you mentioned a local Unix account exists.  MS Windows
also does "funny things" when both a machine-local and a domain
account of the same name exist.

-- Ben