Thanks for all the input, serious or otherwise.
Good point about power management, that will address the power consumption
issue. I will look into that.

So, I'm still left with the software updates and deployments, which require
restarts.

They do lock their workstation, luckily.

Maybe you're right, Ben, maybe I've got better things to worry about.

Anyway, case closed. I'll look into power management and I won't be forcing
shutdowns / installing pron / sending emails to the CEO!

Thanks guys,

Andrew