VMware recommends syncing your Windows guests with DC and syncing your DC's
with internal NTP server.

Mike

  _____

From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:05 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: VMWare ESX time synchronisation

I must say the few articles I have browsed since posting seem to indicate as
such.

The tools.syncTime option in the VMX seems to be the place to set it, but I
tried that on one of my DCs and the option switched back to FALSE on
restart. Seems that the options override the VMX file, rather than the other
way around.

I'll sync my DCs with the ESX servers only and see if that spreads a more
accurate time throughout my environment. Strangely, the ESX servers are (at
the moment) the only things keeping accurate time. This has only happened
since we had an IronPort installed. It's almost as if the IronPort is
blocking NTP traffic from our virtualised server subnets.

Cheers,