From: Eric Woodford [mailto:ericwoodf...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 2:03 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Ammo for apple mac sales pitch

I don't know much myself about Mac's. From my off-hand experience trying
to help wife (on her school provided machine), I've found that:

1. It appears that they don't logon to an AD domain. Maybe just the
schools implementation of low bandwidth to schools.

2. Entourage (Mac Exchange client) uses ActiveSync so your users will
need duel logon.

3. My wife's school district hasn't implemented password security, so
she's had the same password since she started 7years ago. Guessing this
is because she doesn't actually logon to AD, so she can't change it by
herself?
4. Corporate experience - our Mac tech at a former employer would just
wipe and rebuild the machines each time they had technical issues.
Further, he'd ask for the mailbox to be rebuilt (delete/recreate on
server) as it appeared Entourage would corrupt it (E2003).