On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Harry Singh <hbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> www.elfiq.com

  Holy crap -- I just looked at the prices.  You can do this with
Linux and a 7 year old PC for "free".  Sure, they're doing the config
work for you, and that's worth something.  But $1800!!  Yikes...  and
their major feature is playing DNS tricks:

  "Incoming traffic balancing is based on primary and secondary DNS
entries that point to the client’s environment. Each session’s
establishment or incoming protocol transaction will make a name
resolution before establishing the session."

  In other words, when I query for "foo.example.com", this box will
sometimes give A record 192.0.2.42 and sometimes give A record
192.0.2.55.  For this I pay nearly $2000?!?

  Hell, you can get poor man's load balancing just by listing multiple
A records and hoping you get round-robin'ed in a way that matches your
load!

-- Ben