From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 10:27 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: SAN solutions

Well, I'm looking to off-load our storage to a dedicated storage appliance
from our mirrored Dell servers. Currently we are using about 150 Gigs of
drive space on the servers (again.mirrored for D/R purposes.)

I am looking at using iSCSI to connect the servers to the storage appliance
to share the files out as if they were on the local drive. My estimated
budget for this is about $30-40K for a pair of mirrored storage appliances.
I would like to have one of the devices at a remote location for D/R
purposes. Pretty much everyone has said that they think that can be done,
even over a 5 Mbit VPN.

John-AldrichTile-Tools