Thanks for the info on the license!

By "starting from scratch", would this mean a database would get guest
information from the ESX servers (two of them) and populate the client?

Meanwhile, as far as P2V, having this as a VM makes me a bit nervous.  (So
does virutalizing ALL my domain controllers - I want at least one
physical).  Also, our current infrastructure client, license server, etc
is all on a DC (please don't ask - long story!).  We plan on demoting and
then scapping this machine.  I'd just as soon not have to demote it more
than once...
--
RMc

"Garcia-Moran, Carlos" <cgarciamo...@spragueenergy.com> wrote on
11/04/2009 08:59:17 AM:

> Don?t worry about the Host?s they maintain a license for some time
> when they can?t communicate with a License server. While you can do
> a migration export the DB and re import, I always find it?s best to
> start over fresh if you have all the pieces you need. Also you can
> do a P2V of the server itself, I?ve run my VC as a guest for years
> with no issue.

Animals®