On 13 Nov 2009 at 17:57, Ben Scott  wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Angus Scott-Fleming
> <angu...@geoapps.com> wrote:
> > ... we need to inventory
> > all the EXEs, including date-time stamp, file-size ...
>
>   DIR \\hostname\C$\*.exe /A/S
>
> > and (preferably) a hash like MD5 or SHAx ...
>
> FOR /F %i IN ('DIR \\hostname\C$\*.EXE /A/S/B') DO md5sum %i

That doesn't help me audit the changes.  Sure, I could roll my own with batch
files, but then I have to suck them in to a database along with the time and
date of the scan and the machine that was scanned, then write my own reports.
I was hoping someone here know of a reasonably-priced (free is good, too ;-)
tool that already does this.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona