On 15 Nov 2009 at 10:52, Kurt Buff  wrote:

> http://www.open-audit.org/

Doesn't appear to be able to inventory files by type, just by querying the
Windows Registry for "installed" software.  That doesn't provide info on what
portable apps users stick in the "My Docs" folder tree, nor does it provide
info on non-installed EXEs that are "installed" by my client's procedures.

> or
>
> http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/
> plus
> http://www.glpi-project.org/spip.php?lang=en

Only inventories software in the registry:
    OCS Inventory NG - Automated inventory through OCS Inventory NG
    Software:
    extracted from the registry as shown in the "Add/Remove
    software" control panel applet: Name, Publisher, Version.
    http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/index.php?page=features

> come to mind right away.

Thanks for the ideas, though ...

Angus Scott-Fleming